Twenty-seven companies have successfully obtained approvals under the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme 2.0 in the IT hardware sector, Union Minister for Electronics and IT Ashwini Vaishnaw has announced.
“Twenty-three approved companies are ready to start their manufacturing on day zero, while four of the companies will start their production in the next 90 days,” he said.
“Today’s announcement will set us as a very important player in IT hardware which includes laptops, servers and tablets. All these devices will be manufactured under this PLI scheme and that will make us a big force in this sector. In terms of electronics manufacturing, already we are at around $105 billion and we are moving rapidly to $300 billion in the coming few years,” he added.
The outcomes of this approval during the scheme’s tenure are projected to be momentous as it is anticipated to generate substantial employment, providing opportunities for approximately 200,000 individuals across the nation. This includes both direct employment, estimated at 50,000 jobs, and a substantial 150,000 jobs indirectly within the IT hardware manufacturing ecosystem.
Here’s a list of the approved companies:
- Dell International Services India Private Limited
- Rising Stars Hi-Tech Private Limited (Foxconn Technology Group)
- HP India Sales Private Limited
- Flextronics Technologies (India) Private Limited
- Padget Electronics Private Limited
- SOJO Manufacturing Services (AP) Private Limited
- VVDN Technologies Private Limited
- Goodworth Electronics Private Limited
- Neolync Tele Communications Private Limited
- Syrma SGS Technology Limited
- Bhagwati Products Limited
- Netweb Technologies India Limited
- Genus Electrotech Limited
- Sahasra Electronic Solutions Limited
- Hangsine Technosoft Private Limited
- RIOT Labz Pvt Ltd
- Smile Electronics Limited
- Mega Networks Private Limited
- Plumage Solutions Private Limited
- HLBS Tech Private Limited
- Panache Digilife Limited
- RDP Workstations Private Limited
- Kaynes Electronics Manufacturing Private Limited
- INP Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Optiemus Telecommunication Private Limited
- ITI Limited
- Sancraft Industries Private Limited
The approval of these applications is expected to catalyse a staggering surge in the production of IT hardware, with an estimated value projected at a whopping Rs 3 lakh 50 thousand crore. Additionally, the participating companies are poised to inject an impressive Rs 3,000 crore into the Indian economy, amplifying the nation’s industrial potential.